Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chapter 3: Shae



"I'll leave you to change into your bathing suit," Shae told Adrian, as she turned to leave.


"My bathing suit? Why do I have to wear a bathing suit if I'm getting a tattoo on my arm?"


"Hey, I don't make the health code rules, I just follow them," Shae tossed over her shoulder before heading out the door.


Shae leaned against the tiny building that served as her tattoo parlor as she waited for Adrian to change.




"What is he doing here?" Shae wondered. Though he hadn't made any mention of it, she was certain that it was Adrian who'd been transfixed by her at the concert the night before. Normally someone watching her at a concert and then showing up on her doorstep would have red flags shooting up, but for some strange reason, Shae felt at ease around Adrian. Maybe it was the fact that he was cute and awkward around her despite his obvious good looks.


"Or maybe it's the fact that he's getting a tattoo just to have an excuse to talk to me," Shae chuckled to herself before re-entering the tattoo parlor.




Her eyes widened a little when she saw Adrian in his bathing suit; he looked damn good. Okay, so maybe part of the reason she hadn't told him to get lost was that he made good eye-candy. So what if she was a little shallow?


Adrian cleared his throat. Shae hadn't realized she'd been staring.


Never one to let these things bother her, she gave him a saucy wink and said, "You know you don't have to get a tattoo just to talk to me."


"Why would you think I don't want a tattoo?" the slight hitch in Adrian's voice belied his confused look.


"You just don't seem the type. Too pretty and clean-cut," said Shae honestly.


"Pretty?! You think I'm pretty?!" Adrian choked out.




Shae laughed. "It was a compliment. So what'll it be then, Mr. Tough Guy?" she asked, teasingly.


"I found this tattoo of a wolf that I'd like."


"Have a a seat in the chair."




Maybe Adrian was tougher then he looked, she was sure he'd make some sort of sound when the needle bit into his skin for the first time, but he remained silent. It wasn't long before she was finished.




"What do you think?" she asked as Adrian examined himself in the mirror.


"It looks great," said Adrian, a note of surprise creeping into his voice.


"Well, I am the best," Shae replied, grinning modestly.


Adrian laughed. "Lucky for me."


As he was heading towards the door, Adrian paused and turned around, "Would you like to go out with me?" he blurted.




"You really did get a tattoo just to ask me out," Shae said, somewhat bemused.


Adrian blushed. "Maybe that was the only reason at first," Adrian admitted, "but then I saw that tattoo and it meant something to me."




Shae nodded. "Okay. I have Tuesday off, so you can pick me up at three."


---------



"Hey Shae, I put Devon to bed a while ago," Morgana said.

Shae nodded and handed the babysitter a few bills before heading upstairs. 

She tucked her son in and gave him a kiss on the head before leaving him to rest.


Shae sighed as she leaned against her bedroom door. She really should have told Adrian about the fact that she had a child.

Don't get involved with a guy unless he can handle a kid. It was her rule. So why had she broken it?



2 comments:

  1. Cause he's hoooooot. Rules can always be broken if a hot guy is involved. I think its in the Girlbook, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the Girlbook. The XX version of the Bro Code. XD

    ReplyDelete